Judged by the law and works

Maldarker

Star
How is that apples and oranges? Lucifer was saved and in heaven and lost salvation due to pride. Hence salvation can be lost due to your actions, clearly
NO stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. How was he saved? Have to lose something to gain salvation not? No where in scripture does it say Satan received or will receive salvation WHAT? I mean come on! He was prideful (sin) cast out for this no salvation any where in the bible.

Jimmy Onions

Rookie
"Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." Corintheans
"Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." Corintheans
Next verse is crucial:

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Next verse is crucial:

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
Washed and sancitifed meaning they are no longer fornicators, adulterers, thieves, liars, given that "neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Your belief is just a big cope to be able to sin imo

Maldarker

Star
31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 33They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed

continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his purpose.”

Jimmy Onions

Rookie
Washed and sancitifed meaning they are no longer fornicators, adulterers, thieves, liars, given that "neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Your belief is just a big cope to be able to sin imo

Jimmy Onions

Rookie
31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 33They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed

continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his purpose.”

24 “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.” Matthew 6

phipps

Star
Bible Verses about Judgment According To Works

Psalm 62:12,
"Also to You, O Lord, belongs mercy; For You render to each one according to his work."

Proverbs 11:31, "If the righteous will be recompensed on the earth, How much more the ungodly and the sinner."

Proverbs 24:12, "If you say, “Surely we did not know this,” Does not He who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, does He not know it? And will He not render to each man according to his deeds?"

1 Corinthians 3:8, "Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor."

1 Corinthians 4:5, "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God."

2 Corinthians 5:10, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad."

1 Peter 1:17, "And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear"

Revelation 20:12, "And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books."

elsbet

Superstar
First of all, Christ died for all people, not the devil and the fallen angels. The falling away from Heaven was one time event that is not connected to our realm. Devil cannot be saved.

And regarding your first post, the Corinthians were carnal, so Paul warns them that there are consequences for disobedience to God. Chastening by God or even physical death (1 Cor 5).
However, salvation is free, it's a gift. You cannot earn it by works and you cannot lose it by works.

You shall know them by their fruits means you shall know false teachers by their doctrine. It doesn't mean that you shall know whether someone is saved by the way someone lives. There are many nice people among JW's, Catholics and mormons. It doesn't mean they're saved.
Interesting take.
I think I can agree in this sense-- there are plenty of good natured people, who are affiliated with a different (or no) religion.

I took a closer look-- and thanks for that-- the word used for fruit is linked to another word: harpazo.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
fruit
Probably from the base of harpazo;
fruit (as plucked), literally or figuratively -- fruit.
see GREEK harpazo

... and it references Jude 1:23

... but others save with fear, pulling [snatching] them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.​
... you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling [snatching] them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

He has committed to us the message of reconciliation...
Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making His appeal through us.
2 Corinthians 5

There is the fruit.
So from now on we regard no one according to the flesh. Although we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come!

All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s trespasses against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making His appeal through us.

We implore you on behalf of Christ: Be reconciled to God. God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.
-

phipps

Star
Bible Verses on Good Works

Matthew 5:16

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

John 10:32
Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

Acts 9:36
Dorcas Restored to Life

At Joppa there was a certain disciple named Tabitha, which is translated Dorcas. This woman was full of good works and charitable deeds which she did.

Romans 13:3
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

1 Timothy 2:10
but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.

1 Timothy 5:10
well reported for good works: if she has brought up children, if she has lodged strangers, if she has washed the saints’ feet, if she has relieved the afflicted, if she has diligently followed every good work.

1 Timothy 5:25
Likewise, the good works of some are clearly evident, and those that are otherwise cannot be hidden.

1 Timothy 6:18
Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share,

Titus 2:7
in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,

Titus 2:14
who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Titus 3:8
This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Titus 3:14
And let our people also learn to maintain good works, to meet urgent needs, that they may not be unfruitful.

Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,

1 Peter 2:12
having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.

phipps

Star
The Bible also teaches that our reward will be given according to our works.

Matthew 10:42, "And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward.

Luke 6:35, "But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil."

1 Corinthians 3:13-14, "each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward."

Colossians 3:23-24, "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ."

2 John 1:8, "Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward."

Revelation 2:10, "Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown."

Revelation 22:11-12, "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.” “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work."

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The wicked will also be punished according to their works in hell.

Revelation 22:12, "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.”

Matthew 16:27, “He will reward each according to his works.”

Luke 12:47-48, “And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.”

The Bible does not tell us how long the wicked will be punished before receiving death in the fire. God does specifically state, however, that all will be punished according to their deeds. This means some will receive longer punishment than others, based upon their works.

phipps

Star
Conclusion.

We are all going to be judged by our works according to the standard of the law of God. Plus we'll all be rewarded according to our works, those with good works will be rewarded with eternal life and those with bad works will be rewarded with the punishment of hellfire and eternal death, so says the Word of God.

Why are we rewarded according to works? Because works prove the choices we made. They prove who we chose to follow, who we submitted to and allowed in our hearts. The saved do good works and the unsaved don't.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
First of all, you probably are the highest trained Lordship Salvationist I've seen. You somehow managed to put "saved without works" and then saved by doing the law and everything Jesus or any apostle ever said in the same context.

"But it's Jesus doing through us, right?"
Seventh Day Adventism.
Their doctrine contradicts itself, as well as the bible.
All the more reason to be like the good Bereans, who searched the scriptures, daily, to see if these things be true.

...for the law never
made anything perfect.
HEBREWS 7:19
LINK

phipps

Star
There are people here in these forums who are trying to stand in the way of God's truth. They think by focussing on a denomination ( I don't belong to any denomination, I go to an independent church) will stop me from posting the truth of the Bible. They won't. I will continue to post the truth from the Bible even though only one person reads it no matter the satanic tactics they've employed. Its sad that they can't see that what they are doing is wrong and now have a personal vendetta on me, I will leave them to God but they will not not deter me no matter how hard they try!

Romans 1:16. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek."

Plus God is not going to save any of us depending on what denomination we belong to. We will all be saved according to the light we have and if we lived up to it. Heaven will be a place with people from many different denominations.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Matthew 5:14-16, "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

If we walk in the light, we can be light bearers to the world. We can do very much by exemplifying the truth in our daily life. We are not saved by doing good works but saved people do good works to glorify God by helping others.

We are not saved by doing good works but saved people do good works to glorify God by helping others.
So well put, phipps! I actually think I may use this phrase in the future as I feel it exemplifies the true essence of "being saved" - thanks.