The original diet of mankind and the Old Testament Dietary Laws, do they still apply?

phipps

Star
Ah but who's to say that vegetables aren't also contaminated too by the pesticides and chemicals sprayed on them in the fields?..:p
I'm 72 and have been eating meat and veg all my life and am in excellent health.
Anyway to assume everything is contaminated would be a touch paranoid, so all we can do is tuck in to everything just as the first humans did..:)
Oh they've messed with all food including fruit and vegetables. GMO and the rest you've mentioned comes to mind but its better to eat that than contaminated meat that can affect us more than the fruit and vegetables, grains, nuts and seeds etc.

When livestock disease was going around in those Old Testament times, of course God warned people to lay off it for a while, but by the time of the New T they'd had the all-clear-
Jesus said "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him unclean" (Matt 15:11)
Paul said "I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself." (Romans 14:14)
Nope. There was no disease that we know of that was going around in Noah's day when he got into the ark before the flood and remember he was not Israelite or Jewish. Israelites did not exist until Abraham. God made it clear then that there were animals that were clean and unclean to eat. Neither is it mentioned in the Bible in Leviticus that God told the Jews to eat clean animals because of livestock disease. This is a lie. Why do you always lie and make things up that aren't in the Bible?

There have always been clean and unclean animals in the Bible from the Old to the New testament. Pigs will always be unclean till this world ends. Don't make things up as you go along from the Word of God to suit your doctrine.

I'm going around in circles with you on this subject. Jesus meant something else in those verses as I explained in this very forum and you've misunderstood Him and used the verses to take Him out of context as you always do. Romans 14:14 wasn’t about dietary laws, but meat sacrificed to heathen idols. Paul urged Jewish and Gentile believers not to condemn each other based on sacrificed meat. It still had to be clean meat. He certainly wasn't talking about swine. Paul never once said its okay to eat unclean meat.

Jesus who is God never changed the dietary laws in the Bible. He followed them Himself when He was here on earth and so did the apostles after Him. And I have never implied Jesus and the apostles didn't eat meat. They did but they were clean animals. Pigs and other animals that don't chew the cud and have divided hooves are still unclean and always will be till Jesus returns. They will never be fit for human consumption. God knew what is now known about what makes those animals unclean and I posted why.

Here, I will repost the post of what makes certain animals, birds, fish and insects unclean to eat again.

Unclean Animals

God told the Israelites which animals they were not to eat. Without exception, all animals that consume “secondary material”—in other words, animals that eat animals—are unclean. These include the following:

Carnivorous Birds

All birds that eat other animals and do not have a crop are considered unclean.

Camels

The camel has no split or cloven hoof, making it unclean. However, this animal has a similar digestive system to the clean animals; so what is the problem? The camel had to adapt to a desert environment in order to survive. It underwent a physiological adaptation where instead of sweating and losing its body water, the camel’s body temperature rises to higher levels than before. This, unfortunately, allows the level of toxins in its body to rise to very high levels as well. This coping mechanism makes the camel unfit for human consumption.

Coneys

The coney, or dassie, is unclean. It is herbivorous, but has a poor thermo-regulator. Its body temperature does not remain constant throughout the changes in the weather during the year, and this causes its enzymes to be unstable, resulting in intestinal fermentation. This means that the coney’s meat is very acidic.

Rabbits

Even though the rabbit is herbivorous, Leviticus 11:6 states that it is unclean. The rabbit has a very enlarged caecum. In order for the rabbit to obtain sufficient nutrients from the plants it eats, it has to ferment the material. This requires a fermentation chamber with an alkaline environment. Since the rabbit does not have a pre-stomach, like the cow does, it has to use its enlarged caecum.
However, its caecum is sandwiched between its gut and rectum and most of the absorption of the nutrients takes place there. When the rabbit re-digests this material, it becomes coprophagous. In other words, it eats its own excrement. Consequently, the level of toxins in its tissues is far higher than in other herbivores. Bile salts, fatty acids, gases, and ammonia levels are all at unacceptable levels for human consumption. All rodents, and even the horse, fall into the same category.

Swine

In most modern farms, pigs are fed the worst of foods. On the biggest farms, the largest pigs are fed rotten eggs and chickens that died from disease.

Sometimes, pigs are kept in batteries where only a few pigs get the food. The rest of the pigs get only the droppings, which are extremely toxic. Any tissue from these animals makes them very unclean indeed.

Pigs have very high histamine levels. The connective tissue is very rich in sulfur, leading to increased blood acidity and osteoporosis because of the loss of calcium along with the sulfates. Research indicates that high sulfate levels, especially in meat-rich diets, are responsible for osteoporosis.

Research has found that at the time when pigs leave the farms, 56% of all pork samples are contaminated with salmonella. When "clean" animals leave the farms, only 15% of the meat is contaminated. When the pig meat leaves the abattoir, 80% is contaminated, and when it reaches the butcher, the level of contamination is virtually 100%. The "clean" animals have only a 40% contamination level by this stage.

The pig is certainly responsible for much disease. Many people are allergic to pork because of the high histamine levels, and pork also encourages the formation of excessive amounts of mucous in our bodies.

God warns us in Leviticus 11:26 to not even touch the carcass of a pig. Pigs have high levels of bacteria such as campylobacta and salmonella.

Fish

"And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you" (Leviticus 11:10).

Those fish that do not have fins and scales are either scavengers or pure carnivores, and are unclean.

The common snoek has scales, but as it is taken out of the water the scales fall off, so it cannot be classified as clean. Each snoek is also home to thousands of bladder worms, which are full of urea. This urea is what gives the snoek its distinctive tangy flavor that many people enjoy.

Insects

Insects that do not fly, or are further down on the food chain than the locust or grasshopper, are not for eating.

Mammals and Reptiles

According to Leviticus 11:27, "Whatsoever goes upon his paws," such as cats, dogs, rats, mice, and weasels, are unclean. All reptiles are also unclean.

God is concerned with the health of all His creatures: human and animal. Are the dietary laws God set out thousands of years ago still relevant?

Amazing discoveries.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Firstly, Jesus made it clear a number of times that he WASN'T God, for example-
"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
therefore you're wrong to think he was God, so you're probably wrong with the dietary laws too..:p
No offence, but are you a vegan or JW or some other food-cultist or what?

Secondly why on earth would God create pigs and then tell us we can't eat them?
There were herds of pigs in Israel, so somebody must have liked them..:)
As I said before, when livestock disease hit certain groups of creatures in ancient times, of course God had to tell people not to eat them for a while til it'd cleared up, for example in the Old T-
"All flying insects that swarm are unclean to you; do not eat them" (Deuteronomy 14:19)

But by the time of the New T, the danger was over and John was happy to tuck in-
"John's clothes were made of camel's hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey" (Matt 3:4)
I already explained all this according to the Bible and I doubt you've already forgotten. Goodbye.

phipps

Star
But didn’t this law of clean and unclean animals originate with Moses? Wasn’t it for the Jews only, and didn’t it end at the cross?

“The Lord said to Noah, … ‘take with you seven each of every clean animal … two each of animals that are unclean’ ” (Genesis 7:1-2).

No on all points. Noah lived long before any Jews existed, but he knew of the clean and unclean animals, because he took into the ark the clean ones by sevens and the unclean ones by twos.

Revelation 18:2 refers to some birds as being unclean just before the second coming of Christ. The death of Christ did not in any way affect or change these health laws, since the Bible says that all who break them will be destroyed when Jesus returns (Isaiah 66:15-17).

The Jew’s digestive system in no way differs from the Gentile’s digestive system. These health laws are for all people for all time.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
What should every sincere Christian endeavor to do at once?

“Let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit” (2 Corinthians 7:1).

“Everyone who has this hope in Him [Christ] purifies himself, just as He is pure” (1 John 3:3).

“If you love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14:15).

Sincere Christians will bring their lives into harmony with God’s health principles immediately because they love Him. They know that His rules only add to their happiness and protect them from the devil’s diseases (Acts 10:38).

God’s counsel and rules are always for our good, just as good parents’ rules and counsel are best for their children.

And once we know better, God holds us accountable. “To him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin” (James 4:17).

phipps

Star
Some evil habits bind people so tightly. What can they do?

“As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12).

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).

We can take all of these habits to Christ and lay them at His feet. He will joyfully give us a new heart and the power we need to break any sinful habit and become a son or daughter of God (Ezekiel 11:18-19).

How thrilling and heartwarming it is to know that “with God all things are possible” (Mark 10:27). And Jesus said, “The one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out” (John 6:37).

Jesus is ready to break the shackles that bind us. He longs to set us free and He will, but only we will permit it. Our worries, bad habits, nervous tensions, and fears will be gone when we do His bidding. “These things I have spoken to you … that your joy may be full” (John 15:11). The devil argues that freedom is found in disobedience, but this is false! (John 8:44).

Tidal

Star
I already explained all this according to the Bible and I doubt you've already forgotten. Goodbye.

You also "explained" to us that in your opinion there was no wine in the Bible despite Jesus changing water into wine, and it also being served at the last supper.
You can think it was fruit juice if you like, but include me out..;)

Tidal

Star
God is concerned with the health of all His creatures: human and animal. Are the dietary laws God set out thousands of years ago still relevant?

Mate, I'm 72 years old and have eaten meat all my life and am in good health, so it hasn't done me any harm at all..:)
By contrast vegans are weedy and frail, and jews suffer from inflamed guts..:)

phipps

Star
Your diet is not only what you eat.

Its what you watch, what you listen to, what you read, the people you hang around.

Be mindful of the things you put into your body emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Your diet is not only what you eat.
Its what you watch, what you listen to, what you read, the people you hang around.
Be mindful of the things you put into your body emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Right, we naturally avoid cluttering up our computer hard drive with rubbish, and we should avoid cluttering up our mind too or we risk polluting it-
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this...to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" (James 1:27)

Same with bozos, we should avoid them too or they'll weaken us like kryptonite weakens Superman..:)
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Proverbs 13:20)

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for ‘tis better to be alone than in bad company”- George Washington
"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

Tidal

Star
Tidal said- "If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump
That according to the Donald means don't associate with poor people who don't grab women by their pu$$y.

Has Don ever been arrested and charged?.. :p

phipps

Star
13 Reasons you should not eat pork.

Doctors all over the world agree that human consumption of pork is dangerous to their health, yet people all over the world continue to eat pork in large quantities. Below are 13 reasons why you should consider giving up eating pork.

1) A pig is a real garbage gut. Its a scavenger. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

2) The meat and fat of a pig absorb toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.

6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.

7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal’s flesh. In a few days, the swine flesh is full of worms.

8) Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.

9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine’s stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.

11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcasses (Leviticus 11:8).

12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.

13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig.

God had a reason for forbidding certain animals for food. He never acts or commands us to do anything without reason. God wants His people to be healthy and happy.

3 John 1:2, "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."

Tidal

Star
..Doctors all over the world agree that human consumption of pork is dangerous to their health, yet people all over the world continue to eat pork in large quantities..

Hmm, I've eaten sausages, bacon and pork pies etc for 70 years and am in good health.. :p
God said-
"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)

PS- There were pigs being kept in Israel at the time of Jesus- "Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding..those tending the pigs ran off" (Matt 8-30)
so why did people keep them if not to eat them?

phipps

Star
Hmm, I've eaten sausages, bacon and pork pies etc for 70 years and am in good health.. :p
God said-
"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)

PS- There were pigs being kept in Israel at the time of Jesus- "Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding..those tending the pigs ran off" (Matt 8-30)
Pork has never become a clean meat ever as all other unclean meats and i explained why here. Nowadays even the clean animals are not good to eat because of the unnatural ways they are being bread by injecting them with hormones and feeding them food that they are not supposed to eat. You may be in good health but what about those who are not because of their diet! Should they be ignored because you are healthy? Its always best to follow God's principles since He knows what's best for us!

"The Lord commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that He might preserve us alive” (Deuteronomy 6:24).

“You shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you” (Exodus 23:25).

Also, “Behold, the Lord will come with fire … and by His sword the Lord will judge all flesh; and the slain of the Lord shall be many. Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves … eating swine’s flesh and the abomination and the mouse, shall be consumed together” (Isaiah 66:15-17).

God said-

Then why were there seven of clean animals that went into the ark and only two of unclean animals? “The Lord said to Noah, … ‘take with you seven each of every clean animal … two each of animals that are unclean’ ” (Genesis 7:1-2).

God does not say one thing in one place then contradict Himself somewhere else. This is where being a good Bible student comes into play. We must look at the entire evidence from the Word of God and not simply take one verse to establish a belief or a doctrine.

In Genesis 9:3 Noah knew what animals were fine to eat because he took clean and unclean animals into the Ark with him. We also have to take into account what God says in Leviticus and Deuteronomy about what animal foods are good to eat.

PS- There were pigs being kept in Israel at the time of Jesus-
"Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding..those tending the pigs ran off" (Matt 8-30)
So because people kept pigs it was right? As Christians we have to learn that just because people do something, even though they are the majority, it doesn't make it right. What is right is follow what God says even though you are the only one doing it. God has never changed the dietary laws in the Bible. They still stand to this day.

The Jews were not supposed to be keeping pigs at all. In
Matthew 8:28-33, Jesus destroyed all those pigs. If you read the full story, a naked demon possessed madman came rushing out of the tombs to attack Jesus. The demons and Jesus briefly dialogued then the legion of evil spirits requested to be cast out into a nearby herd of swine, Jesus granted their request. The 2000 swine run into the sea and drowned. Do you think that was a coincidence? Why would Jesus drown so many animals and waste so much meat if it was good to eat? God is not wasteful at all nor does He want His people to starve. The only conclusion is that Jesus did not view the animals as acceptable for food.

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
Does this still stand?-
God said- "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
Excellent riposte, sir.
Now eat the witchitty grub and smile.

How about fungus?
Any rules about mushrooms?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Excellent riposte, sir.
Now eat the witchitty grub and smile.

How about fungus?
Any rules about mushrooms?
1 Corinthians 10:23-33

New King James Version

All to the Glory of God

23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. 24 Let no one seek his own, but each one the other’s well-being.

25 Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no questions for conscience’ sake; 26 for “the earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness.”

27 If any of those who do not believe invites you to dinner, and you desire to go, eat whatever is set before you, asking no question for conscience’ sake. 28 But if anyone says to you, “This was offered to idols,” do not eat it for the sake of the one who told you, and for conscience’ sake; for “the earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness.” 29 “Conscience,” I say, not your own, but that of the other. For why is my liberty judged by another mans conscience? 30 But if I partake with thanks, why am I evil spoken of for the food over which I give thanks?

31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God, 33 just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.