Those who will not LIVE by The Law will DIE by The Law

Anyone notice that the the song Santa Claus Is Coming To Town has Biblical type lyrics? Also I once said God helps those who help themselves and someone said that was not actually in the Bible. Maybe somebody could have a thread about how a lot of Christmas songs are Biblical in nature such as Silent Night? People have been saying Christmas is paganism but why do a lot of Christmas songs such as Little Town of Bethlehem etc have Biblical type lyrics if this is true?

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
People have been saying Christmas is paganism but why do a lot of Christmas songs such as Little Town of Bethlehem etc have Biblical type lyrics if this is true?
When my kids were small, songs would come on the radio with suggestive lyrics and I would often reinterpret them and put a different spin on what was being said.

It may well be true that Christmas has woven together Christian tradition and pagan practices to an eclectic mix, but I have never met a single Christian who attributes pagan sentiment to the echoes of long-forgotten ancient observances.

It has been said in a good book I read once that man looks on the outer appearance while God looks on the heart. I don’t think people remembering that some time ago now, God sent His son into the world will be in danger of God’s wrath for not getting the right day or eating the wrong dessert.

A Freeman

Superstar
Thank-you for your reply. Please see more below.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post.
You're welcome.

First, I say I pray for you to forgive, not because I need your forgiveness or anyone else, but because we are told to be forgiving in the Scriptures. I do not have the specific verses committed to memory. I believe the parable of the man who owed the king a debt. He was forgiven of his debt but then proceeds to go shake down the others who owed him. The king, who was once merciful, was furious. He took everything from him and locked him up. Second, I say we should forgive because it is a heavy burden on the heart to carry condemnation for others. It's just tough on a person emotionally and spiritually and can give the adversary a way in.
When someone cites The Law, which contains Father's Commandments, Statutes and Judgments, others often attack the individual/messenger who is sharing that information, mistakenly believing the messenger has personally made the judgment being cited or that the messenger harbors ill-will toward others for sharing it. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Sole/Soul reason for sharing Father's Judgments is to inform others who may not have carefully studied those Judgments, and thus are unfamiliar with them or don't yet see the beauty and logic in them. That way, the recipient has this critically important information and can thus make an informed decision as to whether they wish to abide by them (and Live) or whether they wish to continue second-guessing them, assuming they know better than Father what is right and what is wrong (and Die). The wages of sin are death, and it's impossible to accept God's free gift of salvation through Christ our Lord without keeping The Law, as Both Father and Christ have repeatedly told us.

I agree with your citations. Jesus did say to keep the law absolutely. The Father does want us to keep the law absolutely. And you did agree that God says we are all guilty of breaking His divine law.
Have you considered Enoch please, who walked WITH Father and was the only one who was "translated" directly to Judgment Day, because his works/testimony pleased Father (Gen. 5:24; Heb. 11:5)?

I believe there was a second covenant established with Jesus Christ's sacrifice.
Of course. that is the New Covenant, as the Scriptures tell us, which we are told has the same terms and conditions as the Old Covenant, as cited in the previous post.

I know as a parent I make rules for my children, but they won't always obey. I have punishments I dole out when need be.
How much better are Father's rules for protecting us? And how much better are his punishments for correcting our errant behavior? Is Father not THE Source of ALL Love, Wisdom and Understanding?

Now, I realize God's punishments include death, of course I don't have that authority. I believe only God has the authority to take a life.
Are we not obligated to obey God in enforcing His Judgments exactly as He has Commanded us to enforce His Judgments?

For the most part, people don't seem to have a problem with humans making up their own unlawful legislation by the library full, and enforcing their unjust rules on others, up to and including the death penalty. Nor do most who are unfamiliar with the legal system seem to take issue with how utterly corrupt and incompetent it truly is at every level.

But when someone mentions that murder, adultery, sodomy and r*pe are capital crimes under God's Law, people cry that it's somehow too much to bear, as if Father's Perfect Ways are somehow not better and higher than our imperfect and unjust ways (Isa. 55:7-9).

Please read carefully:

Ezekiel 18:20-32
18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall DIE. The son shall not bear the inequity of the father, neither shall the father bear the inequity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
18:21 But if the wicked will turn from ALL his sins that he hath committed, and keep all My Statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall SURELY live, he shall NOT die.
18:22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord "I AM": [and] not that he should return from his ways, and live?
18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth inequity, [and] doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked [man] doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
18:25 Yet ye say, The Way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O "House of Israel"; Is not My Way equal? are not your ways unequal?
18:26 When a righteous [man] turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth inequity, and dieth in them; for his inequity that he hath done shall he die.
18:27 Again, when the wicked [man] turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
18:28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
18:29 Yet saith the "House of Israel", The Way of the Lord is not equal. O "House of Israel", are not My Ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
18:30 Therefore I will judge you, O "House of Israel", every one according to his ways, saith the Lord "I AM". Repent, and turn [yourselves] from all your transgressions; so inequity shall not be your ruin.
18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O "House of Israel"?
18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord "I AM": wherefore turn [yourselves], and live ye.

A number of years ago Malachi 4, which had been read many times before, was read again, and in thinking about what it was actually saying, and the humble way in which it was written, it was enough to move me to tears, knowing that all of us are on death row.

If it is read properly, what Malachi 4 is telling us is that even at this extremely late hour, after 6000 years of obstinate arrogance and rebellion against God and against Christ, that IF we will just turn from our wicked and evil ways and return to Father and His Law, all will be forgiven. Basically the exact same thing that it says above, only Malachi 4 is prophesied specifically for THIS generation, right before Judgment Day (aka The Great and Dreadful Day of THE LORD).

There is no human court that would do such a thing for any habitual criminal/sinner. THAT is how just, merciful, patient and long-suffering Father really is, and yet there are so very few that want to put their Faith in Him and His Perfect Judgments (Matt. 7:13-14). Why?

He says vengeance is His to hand out.
If we had meted out Justice according to His Judgments, as we were COMMANDED to do, there would be no need for Father to have to hand our retribution on our behalf.

Jesus said he didn't come to destroy the law but fulfill it. Why would we need the Messiah to come to fulfill the law if we could do it ourselves?
What does the word "fulfill" mean please? In the original Greek, the word being translated as "fulfill" is "pleroo", which means "to fully preach". Christ also very obviously fulfilled the hundreds of prophecies concerning His Coming in the body of Jesus.

If anyone arbitrarily assigns any other meaning to that word, then they are attempting to negate the seven times in just 4 verses that Christ said and/or illustrated that The Law would NEVER pass away and no one should even think that, much less believe it or teach it to others.

Do you believe it's possible for heaven to pass away? Christ said that would happen BEFORE even the slightest punctuation mark (jot or tittle) in The Law would pass away.

Clearly everything has not yet been fulfilled, as we are all still here and Judgment Day hasn't yet arrived. There are still prophecies yet to be fulfilled, wouldn't you agree?

Oh, and by cherry picking I was referring to you saying the story of the adulteress woman was added on by the Catholics. I mean, seems like a slippery slope there.
In the Book of Enoch, which was wrongfully removed from the Bible, it provides everyone with a detailed explanation as to how to spot errors in translation or when something has been added to the Bible (or when something has been taken away). Enoch was the very first prophet, and the only one to ever be "translated". He is also cited in the New Covenant. Why then would someone remove that Book, which is in perfect agreement with the rest of Scripture other than to try to deceive others?

If we use the exact methodology that Father gave us in Scripture, including in The Law (see Deut. 17:6; 19:15), any attempts to tamper with the Bible stick out like a sore thumb, exactly as the story of the adulterous woman does, which was very obviously added to the Bible, as it contradicts the every other reference to adultery made in Scripture AND was not present in earlier manuscripts, a fact that has been well-documented.

If you would like to see another, very well documented example of the RCC trying to add to Scripture, please research "the Johannine comma", where the Roman Catholic church intentionally added trinitarian wording to 1 John 5:7-8 in the 15th century. Please see the KJV below, where the inserted portion is inside square brackets and boldfaced:-

1 John 5:6-8
5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
5:7 For there are three that bear record [in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth], the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

The bracketed and boldfaced "comma" is not found in most translations of the Bible today because it has been exposed that it was not found in earlier manuscripts (something the KJV did not know at the time). The same can be said for the story of the adulterous woman.

So it's those who have unlawfully added to the Bible (Deut. 4:2; 12:32) who are on a slippery slope toward The Fire, NOT those who have exposed their fraud/crime.

One can make the Bible say anything they want by claiming this and that is fake. I've heard just about the whole book's authenticity being contested with "evidence" to support the claim.
As above please. Puny humans are no match for our All-Powerful Heavenly Father and Creator, Who is quite capable of preserving His Word. Father has allowed these few, obvious attempts to tamper with His Word, to test those who have a genuine love for His Word, and thus will take the time to read, study and apply His Word, and be rewarded for doing so.

I don't believe once you are changed and born again of the Spirit you should go back to the way you were.
Agreed (2 Pet. 2:20-22). And anyone who isn't keeping The Law very clearly hasn't been born again (1 John 3:9).

In fact, I have found that now that I am filled with the spirit I enjoy almost nothing I used to enjoy. It has profoundly changed me on every level. And as a result, yes my actions reflect this change. But I do still slip up. Nothing like before of course. But I have had times where I have sinned. Not adultery or robbery, but I know I haven't been perfect. When I feel this way I repent, I thank God for His mercy. I pick myself up (just metaphorically these days) dust myself off and carry on fighting the fight.
We should all be in a continual state of spiritual improvement, drawing closer to Father with each and every step.

I believe with the crucification of the Messiah the covenant changed. The law still stands as the example always. I agree when the law is broken there are punishments doled out.
How could we think or do otherwise? Christ obviously didn't come with a new doctrine; He came to fully preach Father's Law.

John 7:16-17
7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me.
7:17 If any man will do His will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or [whether] I speak of myself.

I just think based on what's been revealed to me through Scripture that the Father is the one who does the punishing.
Deuteronomy 4:1-10
4:1 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the Statutes and unto the Judgments, which I teach you, for to DO [them], that ye may LIVE, and go in and possess the land which the "I AM" God of your fathers giveth you.
4:2 Ye shall not ADD unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the Commandments of the "I AM" your God which I COMMAND you.
4:3 Your eyes have seen what the "I AM" did because of Baalpeor: for all the men that followed Baalpeor, the "I AM" thy God hath destroyed them [idolaters] from among you.
4:4 But ye that did cleave unto the "I AM" your God [are] alive every one of you this day.
4:5 Behold, I have taught you Statutes and Judgments, even as the "I AM" my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land where ye go to possess it.
4:6 KEEP therefore and DO [them]; for this [is] your Wisdom and your Understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these Statutes, and say, Surely this great nation [is] a wise and understanding people.
4:7 For what nation [is there so] great, who [hath] God [so] near to them, as the "I AM" our God [is] in all [things that] we call upon Him [for]?
4:8 And what nation [is there so] great, that hath Statutes and Judgments [so] Righteous as all this Law, which I set before you this day?
4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;
4:10 [Specially] the day that thou stoodest before the "I AM" thy God in Horeb, when the "I AM" said unto me, Gather Me the people together, and I will make them hear My Words, that they may learn to respect Me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and [that] they may teach their children.

Also, I agree the breaking of the law needs to stop. I wish people would follow God's way because we would live in paradise.
That is exactly what this thread and basically everything else that is personally posted is all about. Father's Commands, Statutes, Judgments, Government, Agricultural Policy, Economic Policy and the Diet are all Perfect. It doesn't get any better than perfect.

But right now the evil one is in control. He's making His big move. And people are falling away just as predicted in the Scripture. There aren't enough stones to throw on this earth these days, my friend. That's why we're waiting on the King's return.
The King is already here during this very dark time, like a thief in the night, exactly as prophesied. Unfortunately, most of this world is still sound asleep spiritually (Dan. 12:1-2; Eph. 5:14).

Christs.net

A Freeman

Superstar
Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and materialism.

King of kings' Bible - 1 Timothy 5:9-16
5:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and [into] many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
5:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
5:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, Godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
5:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on Eternal Life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good declaration before many witnesses.
5:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, Who quickeneth all things, and [before] Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
5:14 That thou keep [this] commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Christ the Saviour:
5:15 Which in His times He shall show, [who is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
5:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the Light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom [be] honour and power everlasting. Amen.

The problem with modern society is we do not keep the law. What are we talking about?

We have a society where sodomites are exalted and we look down on families. What are we talking about?

Yeshua did not do away with the law. And he was God’s son— not the actual Father.

Yeshua and his sacrifice offer us grace— not a pass to live in Sodom and Egypt. Though the society we live in is Sodom and we are in Egypt— slavery or if you prefer bondage.
The Law is intrinsically arbitrary. That always begs the question: who is the arbiter?

The glorification of sodomy and other forms of degeneracy are one thing. But even now we live under a law, a civil law.

Modern society is not fallen because it is lawless. It is fallen because good is defined by what is lawful instead of the Law being defined by what is good. The Good (the Logos) is not in charge or our societies. Neither was the Good (or the Logos) in charge of the Law the OP is trying to sell.

A Freeman

Superstar
I've told @A Freeman that he's a Pharisee (spiritually) twice on this forum. (1 & 2)

If this thread doesn't prove it, nothing will.
According to Christ, the pharisees did NOT keep The Law; they instead practiced their traditions (the Talmud), which make The Law/Commandments of God of no effect.

Matthew 15:3-6
15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the COMMANDment of God by your Tradition?
15:4 For God Commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
15:5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to [his] father or [his] mother, [It is] a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, [he shall be free]. Thus have ye made the Commandment of God of none effect by your Tradition (Talmud).

The Law is intrinsically arbitrary.
The Law is actually simple, direct and to the point, with amazing depth and clarity. "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery"; "Thou Shalt Not Murder" and the rest of Father's Commandments, Statutes, and Judgments could not be any clearer nor more logical or just.

That always begs the question: who is the arbiter?
The Judgments belong to Father (God).

The glorification of sodomy and other forms of degeneracy are one thing.
All addressed by The Perfect Law that God gave us, which would eliminate these evil behaviours IF The Law is obeyed.

But even now we live under a law, a civil law.
Which aren't really "laws", but instead are man-made rules, legislation, doctrines, policies, traditions, codes, etc., all of which are unlawful according to The Perfect Law that God gave us (see: Deut. 4:2; 12:8; 12:32).

Modern society is not fallen because it is lawless. It is fallen because good is defined by what is lawful instead of the Law being defined by what is good. The Good (the Logos) is not in charge or our societies. Neither was the Good (or the Logos) in charge of the Law the OP is trying to sell.
Exactly backwards and obviously in error, as usual.

GOD IS PERFECT, HOLY, JUST AND GOOD (Matt. 5:48; 19:17) AND SO IS HIS LAW (Rom. 7:12).

The Green Light

Little Jacob and Peter are neighbours. They always walk back home together from school and have to cross a road to get there.

One day, when they arrive at the traffic lights, Peter crosses the road even though the traffic light signals red for pedestrians.

Jacob shouts: "Peter, what are you doing?! It's red!"

Peter does a little pirhouette as he playfully shrugs at Jacob and continues onwards: "What's the matter? There's not a car in sight!"

When the pedestrian light turns green, Jacob crosses the street, visibly shocked by Peter's display of civil disobedience.

Some days later, Jacob and Peter arrive at the traffic lights again. This time, Peter is not moving, even though the light is green.

Jacob, however, is already halfway across the street when Peter yells out: "Jacob, watch out!!" ... as Jacob is mowed down by a
car whose driver never showed any intention of slowing down, let alone stopping.

Little Jacob followed the law to the letter, not realising his blind obedience to the letter of the law, which was made to help him navigate through life, was going to lead to his end.

A traumatized Peter cries in the bosom of his parents: "I tried to warn him ...", he sniffs, Why ... ? Why didn't he see the car?", he asks full of despair, looking up teary-eyed.

Peter's father hushes comfortingly, and says: "Shh, Petey. It's not your fault.", as he holds Peter in an embrace, rubbing the back of his head.
"Jacob probably did see the car."

Peter looks up in wonder, wiping tears from his eyes. His father looks down and adds:
"He probably thought he was safe when the light was green."

free2018

Star
The Law is intrinsically arbitrary. That always begs the question: who is the arbiter?

The glorification of sodomy and other forms of degeneracy are one thing. But even now we live under a law, a civil law.

The law is black and white. It is ordained by Abba whether you like the Most High or not.

As for the US for example, the people running the corporation are actually very religious people. Fundamentally they are bound by lodge membership but they are very religious. The Satanists among them are very religious. So are the others like the fake Jews, Christian Zionists and Jesuit appointed members… They are very religious.

How do I know this? Look at Palestine and it is clear to see that these people are indeed religious.

There is no separation of church and state. If there were, the Puritans would have stayed in England.

The separation of church and state is a lie.