Why aren't all women feminists?

morita

Veteran
“Triggered”

what are you an incel? Lmao... I don’t know who you really are hiding behind that computer screen but I can guarantee your not some badass black feminist queen.

let’s be clear here hun; I’m not talking to you in this manner because your black or because you are a woman. I’m talking to you in this manner because you are a garbage human being. Remember when I said you should judge people by their character? Here I am living my own advice.

do you care to talk about any of the actual subject matter or do you just come here to take digs at white women?
Don't call me "hun". Nice try, this post sounds like a parody of every suburban karens trying to sound gangsta by using colloquialisms. It would be comical if it wasn't so lame.
(And me not respecting you has nothign to do with you being white or a woman either. But I don't hate you, you're not important enough to hate.)

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
Regarding Oppression, maybe it is a shock, and the argument could be made that in the west, women as a whole are not "oppressed" to the same extent as those in other countries where the system of government is not just patriarchal but also theocracy.
It kills me when Westerners, talk about the plight of women in "developing" countries or the Middle East to deflect from the issues that we have here :rolleyes: ....Like women right here aren't raped and killed themselves while we prop ourselves up as civilized nations.
So yeah, oppression exists. Patriarchy exists too. Abuse exists. Racism and Institutional Racism exists. Even in our own backyards.
Want to stop it?
1. Educate yourself.
2. Be a good example
3. Support causes that help rescue people who are trapped, there are many to choose from so you can do your own
4. Raise your family to continue to love and support each other, and call out behavior/ideas that do not reflect that mentality
5. Forgive and give people a chance to do right, and when they get it right
6. PRAISE the positive.
And listening.
Only the person who experiences oppression knows what it's like. You can learn a lot by listening to them and their experiences without gaslighting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 000

Aero

Superstar
Gaslighting is the go-to move, though. People will run around behind your back for months or even years, and you say one thing about it, and you are the one who's "shook." I'm sure women and minorities get it on different levels. The true activists have to put boots to the ground, make perfect arguments, raise money, and more to get a little traction. While every armchair quarterback just sits there and tells you "how it's done" with some generically hollow advice.

None of that will ever work because we are dealing with a cultural or psychological problem. We need to teach people to have more empathy and teach them how to neutralize gaslighting. On that note, try caring about the gaslighters as little as they care about you. It will send them over the edge, it might take a while depending on how stubborn they are. Once they hit that edge, they will either return to reality or die in a car crash or something.

If that last line sounded messed up it's because I'm talking about the worst offenders.

justjess

Superstar
Don't call me "hun". Nice try, this post sounds like a parody of every suburban karens trying to sound gangsta by using colloquialisms. It would be comical if it wasn't so lame.
(And me not respecting you has nothign to do with you being white or a woman either. But I don't hate you, you're not important enough to hate, sorry.)
“Colloquialisms”

right... because only black people have lived experience in certain things. get over yourself, seriously. Life will be a lot easier once you do.

Tidal

Star
All normal men and women want to care for each other, but feminism destroys that, because feminists have lost their femininity and think they don't need or want a man.
For example when my sister went nuts and divorced her hub after 17 years of marriage she learnt the hard way how much she needed him to change a lightbulb or fuse and stuff..:)
Also, by depriving her kids of a father, they had nobody to fix their bikes etc.
With him no longer around, she turned her nagging on me, "DON'T COME ROUND MY HOUSE AGAIN" she once snapped at me, so I haven't been round for 10 years and gladly stay away..:)

• Haha

Maes17

Superstar
I think people are a mix of good and bad. We aren't all good, we aren't all bad. Just in the formative years of learning, early childhood, our impressions of how we understand "love", "empathy", "caring", "kindness" are formed.

An example of this is say a kid who grows up on a farm, and who sees dad slaughter animals for both food, and for when they cease to be productive/useful or are injured. A father may say to the child, "I'm doing this to keep it from suffering more." So the child learns that a quick death is better than a long one. That child may not be upset over the death of a chicken, but the same child may be devastated over the death of their pet dog. If a child is exposed to war, there have been studies that show they exhibit PTSD, but also signs of sociopathy as well.

Likewise, if a child learns that they are "oppressed" from family members criticizing a system that has historically kept their forefathers down due to racism and prejudice,(yes that happened even in the northern states) then they are less likely to want to try and move beyond that mindset to see opportunity because they already believe that opportunity for them, at least, doesn't exist. The only other option is to exploit the system, make fast money, and hope to live past 30. (ok that was bleak)

However, I also believe that if someone can show kids another way, not through empty programs but just taking the time to mentor and support even offer an encouraging word, an affirmation, I'm not sure, but it might actually make a difference. If politicians can see through the red tape, jargon, and see the people. To listen to the people, and make active policy to help motivate and improve the opportunities of a new generation... I think we might be surprised.

Regarding Oppression, maybe it is a shock, and the argument could be made that in the west, women as a whole are not "oppressed" to the same extent as those in other countries where the system of government is not just patriarchal but also theocracy.

An example of this is Iran when they removed the monarchy they replaced it with a sort of dictatorship which forbid many western ideas, practices, culture and in a matter of one day transformed the lives of many women and girls by removing the education, freedom of expression, and human rights.

Another form is what you see in certain parts of Africa, such as Nigeria where girls are captured by gangs posing as religious zealots, sold to work as prostitutes and labor for the high ranking "officers". Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chibok_schoolgirls_kidnapping

Again, this is also seen in other areas of the world where girls are sold by their parents some believing to people who will get them jobs in a city, and help the family out of poverty only to have them on the streets for certain tourists who know where to find them. They are trafficked across borders and have no rights, freedoms, and live in fear as their captors threaten to harm their loved ones and family if they even try to escape. Most of the victims are ... girls. Source: https://kontinentalist.com/stories/how-does-sex-trafficking-happen-to-women-and-girls-in-southeast-asia

So yeah, oppression exists. Patriarchy exists too. Abuse exists. Racism and Institutional Racism exists. Even in our own backyards.
Want to stop it?
1. Educate yourself.
2. Be a good example
3. Support causes that help rescue people who are trapped, there are many to choose from so you can do your own
4. Raise your family to continue to love and support each other, and call out behavior/ideas that do not reflect that mentality
5. Forgive and give people a chance to do right, and when they get it right
6. PRAISE the positive.

Continue to love and respect your wife, it's a good thing.
I agree with all you said.
Main fault is if it’s repeated mistakes. The forgiveness in me gives up.

I do forgive. I believe in three strikes, you’re out.

I’ve dealt with enough mentally unstable people in my personal life, to an extent I’ve had to protect my son.

I just don’t forgive easily anymore.
Not saying those of you who do forgive to stop. You guys & gals ultimately make the world a hopeful place

morita

Veteran
“Colloquialisms”

right... because only black people have lived experience in certain things. get over yourself, seriously. Life will be a lot easier once you do.
we get it Karen, you're so tough and you've been through so much shit.
No. YOU need to get over yourself and you should log out once in a while. You think you're changing the world here lol? There is more to life than being on a freaking forum(!)

Maes17

Superstar
The bloke who runs our local petshop (aged about 40) is one of the nicest blokes in the world and I happened to ask if he was married.
His face fell and he mumbled "Not any more", so I said "Sorry to hear that, what happened", and he answered "She turned evil".
I could see it was a painful subject for him so i let it drop.
My own sister "went evil" too after about 5 years of marriage and I had a ringside seat as the marriage went up the spout.
Sadly it's as if satan enters many women and turns them from warm loving wives into nasty-minded disloyal nags..
As the old saying goes- "There's nothing a woman wouldn't do for her hub at the start, and there's nothing they wouldn't do TO him later."

PS- and yes I know there are lousy hubs around too, can anybody tell me why women choose to marry them?

Some 'before and after the honeymoon' pics-

Lol wtf?
Sure those pics are just not from a bad day or a bad timing moment?

justjess

Superstar
Are you this nasty in real life? Who’s alt are you btw?
we get it Karen, you're so tough and you've been through so much shit.
No. YOU need to get over yourself and you should log out once in a while. You think you're changing the world here lol? There is more to life than being on a freaking forum(!)

All normal men and women want to care for each other, but feminism destroys that, because feminists have lost their femininity and think they don't need or want a man.
For example when my sister went nuts and divorced her hub after 17 years of marriage she learnt the hard way how much she needed him to change a lightbulb or fuse and stuff..:)
Also, by depriving her kids of a father, they had nobody to fix their bikes etc.
With him no longer around, she turned her nagging on me, "DON'T COME ROUND MY HOUSE AGAIN" she once snapped at me, so I haven't been round for 10 years and gladly stay away..:)

Yes because women went into stasis while men were off at war. No wait they did everything the men did and more.
Maybe your parents failed in teaching their children livable skills, because changing light bulbs, basic DIY are skills both sexes should know, sounds more like parental failure due to stereotyping.
What is femininity anyway? You don't want women to be human basically just husks built for breeding, cleaning and cooking.

Attachments

The irony is that many feminists have abandoned their femininity and become hardboiled nasty-minded man-haters..:)
What is this femininity you talk of so much. Submissiveness? Obedience? A walking sex doll, cleaner, cook and substitute mother. Have you ever considered women don't want to be your version of femininity what ever it may entail. Maybe we are happy being assertive, independent, educated, single, in equal relationships, loud, brash, and yes as unfeminine as we can

Maes17

Superstar
What is this femininity you talk of so much. Submissiveness? Obedience? A walking sex doll, cleaner, cook and substitute mother. Have you ever considered women don't want to be your version of femininity what ever it may entail. Maybe we are happy being assertive, independent, educated, single, in equal relationships, loud, brash, and yes as unfeminine as we can
Nothing wrong with being assertive, educated, single, equal, loud, brash, whatever it is. Just do you

Maes17

Superstar
Pretty simple. Equality.
Somewhere along defining this there is a complexity added to this. Perhaps it’s control, idk. But something so simple is made so complex

Tidal

Star
..What is femininity anyway? You don't want women to be human basically just husks built for breeding, cleaning and cooking.

Let me put it this way, I'd much rather have a wife who's determined to be a loving wife, mother and home-maker, than a woman who thinks she's supposed to have a career of her own.
Some of my schoolmates were real tearaways with psychological issues because their mothers were out at work all day and the kids hated going back to a cold empty house after school.

Tidal

Star
What is this femininity you talk of so much. Submissiveness? Obedience? A walking sex doll, cleaner, cook and substitute mother.
Think "partnership'..:)
My parents got it right, my dad was out at work all day earning a crust and my mam stayed home doing the shopping, cooking, laundering, cleaning etc because she WANTED to, it was the perfect partnership and they had a long marriage..:)

Tidal

Star
Incidentally I never married because I knew i'd have felt trapped as a family man, and I never wanted kids.
Beats me why men and women want to have noisy smelly kids anyway?..:)

Maes17

Superstar
Let me put it this way, I'd much rather have a wife who's determined to be a loving wife, mother and home-maker, than a woman who thinks she's supposed to have a career of her own.
Some of my schoolmates were real tearaways with psychological issues because their mothers were out at work all day and the kids hated going back to a cold empty house after school.
Sounds like the youngsters in England are softies ;)

Of course we all want a loving spouse, parent and home-maker. In a relationship, especially with kids and work. It takes two, it takes communication.

It’s doable. Some have it. Some don’t.
If you dont want kids, support a wife who wants to work etc. Plain and simple just don’t get in a relationship.

Not knocking on you Tidal. If being single works for you and you’re happy then carry on.

Parents regardless of work schedules still have a big role in their child’s upbringing.

morita

Veteran
Are you this nasty in real life?
You love running your mouth but can't take it. You're gonna go on pussy mode and report me like the time I made that sarcastic comment abt your presumed husband being broke and ugly?(of course idk and don't care if he is, my comment was sarcastic). It's pretty clear you're not a tough cookie, karen. So why even bother trying.

irrationalNinja

Veteran
What is femininity anyway?
Femininity is about being a sexually suitable female. Men are attracted to feminine women. The more feminine a woman, the more attractive she is to men. The less feminine (i.e. more masculine) a woman, the less attractive she is to men. It’s biological.

The fever dream of “oppressed women” belies the importance of women to society.

All successful societies throughout time have demonstrated that women are more important to society than men. Because women can bear children, they have ALWAYS held a higher place of value to societies that want to prosper and expand.

Consider a few things when stating the claim that women are not on equal footing with men:

1. Women (and children) are the first to be rescued from a sinking ship, because the human race depends on the survival of women to produce offspring, demonstrating men are valued less, and in many cases are disposable.

2. Men are expected to pick up arms and go to war to fight and die for their country. Historically, this has been viewed as a man’s duty to protect women, due to their greater value in ensuring the human race will continue.

3. A woman is not expected to risk her life to rescue a man in distress. However, a man is always expected to do whatever it takes to protect a woman, including risking his life to protect her.

The three examples given above should provide an alternative to the feminist-inspired narrative: Misogyny! Patriarchy! Oppression!