Reduced Natal Care for Minorities

Damien50

Star
Earlier this week I was speaking with my midwife friend and she told me from her observations and stats she had collected there was enough evidence to show negligence during births and post natal care of minority and in specific African American women and their children. She claimed that African American women tend to have higher premature births and more deaths than other ethnic groups despite social status or insurance. @justjess know anything about this?

DesertRose

Superstar
Damien something is going on and not just in the US medical system but in the also with the NGOs that operate globally including the World Health Organization.
The elite want to reduce world population as a whole but they pursue this aggressively against African and African America populations.

Last edited:

Damien50

Star
Planned parenthood has been after them since its inception. That is my opinion of course but I am pretty sure I am right.
This is more related to hospital care where these women want to have their children but aren't being given adequate neonatal care and subsequently having higher miscarriages, premature births/defects, and deaths of either child and or mother. Though because the practice of midwifery is fairly obscure and unknown these women don't have an alternative and place their trust in these OBGYN's racking up 20k plus in hospital bills while receiving less than adequate care.

DesertRose

Superstar
They also have a high rate of c-section deliveries which is not the best thing for both the mother and especially the babies.
Having a vaginal birth helps the child's immunity well into the future.
Midwives are an excellent alternative for those without risky births.

The Importance of Reducing Your Toxic Burden When Planning to Start a Family
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/12/27/seeding-baby-microbiome.aspx

There is a book but there is also a documentary for it free on YouTube as well. :
Your Baby's Microbiome: The Critical Role of Vaginal Birth and Breastfeeding for Lifelong Health
by Toni Harman, Alex Wakeford

Here is the trailer:

Damien50

Star
They also have a high rate of c-section deliveries which is not the best thing for both the mother and especially the babies.
Having a vaginal birth helps the child's immunity well into the future.
Midwives are an excellent alternative for those without risky births.

The Importance of Reducing Your Toxic Burden When Planning to Start a Family
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/12/27/seeding-baby-microbiome.aspx

There is a book but there is also a documentary for it free on YouTube as well. :
Your Baby's Microbiome: The Critical Role of Vaginal Birth and Breastfeeding for Lifelong Health
by Toni Harman, Alex Wakeford

Here is the trailer:
I have a friend who does surrogacy and she was essentially forced into a c section with her labor being medically postponed because her birth was an inconvenience to the OB. Despite the intended mother wanting a natural birth, the intended father acquiesced to having a cesarean because the doctor told him it would be safer. The baby 9lbs 8oz and my friend had vaginally delivered her own 10lb before but the OB insisted she couldn't deliver naturally and was forced into it since she was a surrogate. The subsequent surgery was her awake watching herself being cut open to deliver a baby get body was more than capable of having done naturally only to fit this OB's time schedule. After the birth, my friend went into shock and started internally clotting to which the OB didn't notice and she almost died before receiving a blood transfusion.

manama

Star
That is why you never go to the hospital when labour starts. Either deliver at home or go late because even if the mother and baby are healthy and ready for natural birth, hospitals will ALWAYS try to talk you into or force a C-section, because "money"

justjess

Superstar
The hospital didnt even mention c sectikn to me with either of my children.. however they did force me to induce for no reason with both, the first on his due date and my daughter a couole days early. Said my contractions werent strong enough but didnt let labor progress naturally and i dont know why tbh. My son was born in six hours, daughter in eleven so its not like i had long labors or anything. No medical issues with me or the kids other than ms which has nothing to do with it.

Damien - ive read a little about it mostly when i was freaking out over the maternal mortality rate in this country convinced i was going to die. I just assumed it was due to socio economic factors but am very interested to read the studies which controlled for income if you have access to them

DesertRose

Superstar
The subsequent surgery was her awake watching herself being cut open to deliver a baby get body was more than capable of having done naturally only to fit this OB's time schedule. After the birth, my friend went into shock and started internally clotting to which the OB didn't notice and she almost died before receiving a blood transfusion.
How horrible. I really feel sorry for your friend!
I had an OB opt for their dinner and not show up until the last minute and just cut the cord and signed papers (after the nurse delivered the baby). My last two births were with midwives but in different provinces. One province lets you shut out the nurses and have your baby with you fam, midwife etc. The other province made it law to have a midwife and a nurse present.
So I went to the hospital late very late, on purpose. I walked in and saw an acquaintance hooked up to the machine to induce her birth. She literally looked like a lamb being led to slaughter. They made her walk around the hall and all I could see from her eyes were the whites. I dunno perhaps seeing that was a shock to my system and I sensed if they induced my birth it could easily get out of the hands of my midwife who was next to me.
The OB came in to see me that should not have happened and she was a bit aggressive in her address, guess she did not like the midwife choice. The midwife said quietly "you do not have to listen to this we can have the baby in your home." Off I went and had a home birth. It was my favorite and least stressed birth with wonderful memories Thank God.
There are some good OBs with a holistic approach but we just have to look for them because they are the few and far between. It appears that the schools of medicine have to change their approach to birth. We also have to have the information about what could go wrong in these situations so that we make informed choices as well. However, once you are under their 'care' you are at their mercy. Women with low risk births should think twice about using the system except with a midwife.

Last edited:

Damien50

Star
The hospital didnt even mention c sectikn to me with either of my children.. however they did force me to induce for no reason with both, the first on his due date and my daughter a couole days early. Said my contractions werent strong enough but didnt let labor progress naturally and i dont know why tbh. My son was born in six hours, daughter in eleven so its not like i had long labors or anything. No medical issues with me or the kids other than ms which has nothing to do with it.

Damien - ive read a little about it mostly when i was freaking out over the maternal mortality rate in this country convinced i was going to die. I just assumed it was due to socio economic factors but am very interested to read the studies which controlled for income if you have access to them
I'll have to ask the midwife if she has any links.

@DesertRose that sounds awesome because in my state we have less than four qualified midwives and they are all white, which isn't a problem in itself, and over 40. The midwife I know started an initiative to bring more black midwives in because

• $4000 without insurance to have a MW from pregnancy to the birth
  • Vbacks as long as there is low risk
  • Holistic approach
  • Non intrusive approach(THC in your system but no call tho DFS)
  • With insurance it's basically free and the midwives in my state get paid about three times the uninsured number
  • Network of anti vaxxers, pediatricians, and so on.
  • Birth in your choice of comfort
I didn't even know about midwifery until I met this woman or all the issues that can arise by not having a natural birth so I have a high appreciation of these women.

DesertRose

Superstar
@DesertRose that sounds awesome because in my state we have less than four qualified midwives and they are all white, which isn't a problem in itself, and over 40. The midwife I know started an initiative to bring more black midwives in because
That is awesome.
One of my midwives was white and the other was black and I felt super supported by both.
The doctors I had were okay and bailed because they do not want to be around for a long labor perhaps that inadvertently helped me not get a c-section?! However to their credit they were not the ones that always did c-sections. People tell each other which doctors are really helpful as well.
My midwife( Nigerian background) told me that there are a few differences in the neo-natal care for Africans in the system, the biggest one being the high rate for c-sections.
Thanks for bringing this topic by the way it is good for us to share our concerns and issues.

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
Let me get this straight. The midwife was telling you that black women (African American) were getting second rate care when it came to child birth in hospitals compared to those of other ethnicities?

DesertRose

Superstar
getting second rate care when it came to child birth in hospitals compared to those of other ethnicities?
Not at all, she said they were getting referred to more c-sections.
Apologies was that question for Damien?

Haich

Superstar
That is why you never go to the hospital when labour starts. Either deliver at home or go late because even if the mother and baby are healthy and ready for natural birth, hospitals will ALWAYS try to talk you into or force a C-section, because "money"
This is what happened to me. Hard lesson to learn but it sickens me they do this. Also, they induce slow labours and speed up the process causing the child to swallow it's poo in the womb. All for what? Money.

Thanks for the advice though, in future InshaAllah I'll definitely be in no hurry to go to the hospital.

Haich

Superstar
I can't really speak for the US but there are parallels in the UK. Inductions of labour and emergency (but preventable) C sections are more common in ethnic minority women.

The NHS is on its last legs, thanks to Jeremy Cunt.

Haich

Superstar
Also, after you go home with baby, there's literally no follow up with health care visitors. They're very dismissive and rude, especially to new mums. I do think it's an issue of reduced staff and lack of resources. The conservative government are trying to privatise the NHS so it's in a huge predicament. Many are leaving the profession so I can see from a systematic viewpoint, how the deprived and the working class aren't getting the care they need.

Damien50

Star
Let me get this straight. The midwife was telling you that black women (African American) were getting second rate care when it came to child birth in hospitals compared to those of other ethnicities?
Precisely, hence her initiative to bring more black women in to become midwives. She wants black women to feel comfortable and there are black women with a fear/trauma/hesitant or whatever you want towards white people so yeah...

Kung Fu

Superstar
The outcomes in maternity for minority women are dismal across the board kung fu.. from maternal morality, to labor complications, to prenatak care etc.

I just havent looked far enough into it to see why
What about white Anglo-Saxon women?