Reduced Natal Care for Minorities

justjess

Superstar
What should my wife and I do then?
Honestly thats something your wife is goingto have to look into and decide whats best for her, what she wants and also be realistic about. Complications can and do happen frequently. Both my niece and my daughter had the cords wrapped arpund their necks. For me it didnt change anything, for mt sister in law it meant an emergency c section. I needed the epidural, probably because of the pitocin, many women dont. Theres a lot of stuff to consider and you and her will know whats best for u and figure it out.

Haich

Superstar
My wife and I plan on having a kid or kids (insha'Allah) or at least trying in the next month or so and so I'm very curious about this stuff. Sister, are you saying that I should just wait until her "water" breaks and then head to the hospital? I apologize but I know nothing on child birth.
Salaam alaykum bro

Yes, let nature take its course. I realise sometimes intervention is necessary for some pregnancies due to serious complications but I'm referring to the induced labour of women who are considered 'overdue'. I was told at 42 weeks i had to be induced because there was a safety risk despite my son showing no signs of stress and myself, I was in a good condition also.

I could've waited an extra week and most definitely my son would've been born naturally without induction. They try to scare you with all this overdue nonsense and we forget that due dates and dates of conception are all estimations. For instance, I was told I was due on the 27th July 2016 but my son didn't arrive until early August. The dates are just a guide so it's better and much safer to wait it out until contractions come, instead of forcing the baby out with drugs.

Induction not only creates complications for the woman, but it causes the baby to stress as it's been forced out of the womb. Induction is basically the process of simulating the natural hormones which would contract your womb. So, it's more painful as they administer it over a period of hours and try to mimic the onset of natural labour. So you can go from being 2 cm dilated (your cervix has to be at least 7-8cm for you to push the child) to 7 cm in such a short space of time. This is incredibly hard for the child who isn't ready to come out and as a result, some are forced out with forceps or in most cases, via emergency c section. There's also a risk of meconium Syndrome where the child releases its first poo inside the womb, then inhales it. This blocks up the lungs and though most children recover well, it causes such stress for both child and parents. This can also interfere with the onset of breast milk as the separation of mother and child while the child recovers, disturbs the flow of breastmilk.

Labour is brought on entirely when your body and baby are ready. Brisk walks can help push baby down and engage him/her in position. Other than that, I say wait out it out until baby is ready.

Sorry for the essay hope it helps inshallah. It's worth doing research into it but this is only from experience. In Canada and the US maybe their health care systems are a bit better. For us, the NHS is one big fat business designed to capitalise on the vulnerable.

Haich

Superstar
What should my wife and I do then?
I know you asked JJ, but if I were you, unless it was a critical situation, just wait it out. They care more about clearing the bed and room for other patients.

They can't do anything without your consent so try to make the best decision based on the situation at the time.

Haich

Superstar
Pretty much the same here. We just get to pay more for it.
People think it's free for us, but we get taxed so much so really, we're funding our own healthcare. As well as all the lazy shits who choose not to work!

Oh and if you earn over £25k per year, you pay for your own medication. It's a convenient service but it's just horrendous when it comes to anything pregnancy related.

DesertRose

Superstar
Pretty much the same here. We just get to pay more for it.
Oh and if you earn over £25k per year, you pay for your own medication. It's a convenient service but it's just horrendous when it comes to anything pregnancy related.
In Canada people have options but are not informed about these choices.
Holistic everything is increasing too (e.g Holistic dentistry) which in a sense copies the American model in some areas and has the British model in others. Just like the 3 bears stories we get wiggle room, not too hot not to cold albeit for those in the know.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
DS, i don't think anyone is ever informed enough in these situations. I think taking experience from others helps, it gives you extra to work with.

DesertRose

Superstar
At least you get something from your taxes. Mine just pretty much bombs people.
Spot on Lurker! If only more people would make that association perhaps things would change.(Regarding the misuse of tax dollars for offensive purposes.)
"Ma'am Sir would you like to bomb a poor country with your tax dollars or get better heath care or better services."
'Would you like to bomb that island or we could get a bridge and a library."
'Would you support that Operation 'stormy desert' or spend money on research and development.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
At least you get something from your taxes. Mine just pretty much bombs people.
True. I'm sure our taxes are also spent on wars but probably nowhere as much as yours. The thing is, the British are sneaky.

At least you acknowledge it, some Americans I've come across actually believe these tax funded wars are justified. :rolleyes:

Valtharia

Rookie
This is really interesting. I never knew any of this. My hubby and I are trying, but I don't think I can get pregnant because of complications my "egg donor" had when she had her children.

Haich

Superstar
This is really interesting. I never knew any of this. My hubby and I are trying, but I don't think I can get pregnant because of complications my "egg donor" had when she had her children.
Good luck, hope it works for you.

What's an egg donor? Sorry don't know much about alternative forms of conception.

Valtharia

Rookie
Good luck, hope it works for you.

What's an egg donor? Sorry don't know much about alternative forms of conception.
Birth mother. She sexually abuse her children. I was 3-9 months when I was taken away, so it never happened to me.

Haich

Superstar
Birth mother. She sexually abuse her children. I was 3-9 months when I was taken away, so it never happened to me.
Oh wow, sorry to hear. Maybe get checked out to see if you inherited any fertility issues.

Todd

Star
My wife and I plan on having a kid or kids (insha'Allah) or at least trying in the next month or so and so I'm very curious about this stuff. Sister, are you saying that I should just wait until her "water" breaks and then head to the hospital? I apologize but I know nothing on child birth.
For thousands of years, babies were born at home and not in hosptials. When did child bearing become a medical emergency?

My grandaughter was born at my house, that was out in the country at the time and about 35 minutes from a hospital. My daughter had a mid-wife and had normal check-ups and prepared properly for the birth of her daughter. She even planned to have the baby at a house in the city that was setup just for mid-wives and their clients. It was near a hospital just in case something did go wrong. They had extra rooms and a large kitchen that was available for use by the families.

However, the day my grandaughter was born things happened so fast we never left our house. My wife actually ended up delivering the baby, because the mid-wife couldn't get there soon enough. The mid-wife arrived about 1/2 hour after she was born. It was quite the experience to be a part of. We and our daughter were very happy that it ended up like it did. So nice to already be at home and enjoy the first day of our grandaughters life in our home instead of a hospital. I would support any of my children having their babies at home it they so desired.

Valtharia

Rookie
Oh wow, sorry to hear. Maybe get checked out to see if you inherited any fertility issues.
Wish I could, but I can't. Not just yet. I don't have any health insurance. Hubby works for Amazon so he's getting their insurance in February or whenever we can.

Haich

Superstar
Wish I could, but I can't. Not just yet. I don't have any health insurance. Hubby works for Amazon so he's getting their insurance in February or whenever we can.
February is almost here so hopefully someone can look into your issues. Age may affect fertility too, above all, I know it's not easy but try to stay positive.